Sunday, October 22, 2006

Just when you thought everything was dead

The three round spots you see in the middle are mushrooms, poking up through tree bark. The tree bark, in turn, is scattered all around the base of a tree found at approximately 200 west 150 north in Provo. I was walking home from a birthday lunch for one of our employees when I spotted this tree with attendant mushrooms.

The reason it's interesting is because the entire treebox is infested with these mushrooms. There were dozens of them, I think. We put bark down to keep weeds from growing around the base of the trees, but these mushrooms pushed right on through like they loved it.

My blog is like a mushroom, and my laziness like treebark. Despite my laziness, eventually you get ... mushrooms! I'm sure there's a moral here somewhere. Just don't look too hard, I don't want you to hurt yourself.

2 comments:

Ocouss said...

I think the moral be that occassionally you do blog. But you are also trying to tell us not to expect it too often. Thanks for updating. it is agood pic.

Cavan said...

I can't see the pic pochemu-ta, but way to update! I was going to delete you off my list of links, but ironically, my laziness saved you for long enough for your overcoming of your laziness to save you! Woo!