Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Questions for the Readers

Been a few days since I last posted, and it'll probably still be short.

Firstly, my neck has gotten better, but it still hasn't completely healed. Is this the kind of thing one goes to see a chiropractor for? I really have no idea. It is healing on its own, but it does seem a bit weird for a pinched nerve to last for a whole week. It's usually fine except when I'm driving and can't turn my head quickly.

Secondly, what's the best way to watch for web page updates? It seems like someone told me about a service somewhere that could alert me any time a certain web page changes. This would be good for watching blogs, forum posts, all sorts of things.

I went straight from vacation into crunch mode at work. Well, if there's a good way to go into crunch mode, that's probably it--at least you start out pretty relaxed. I have a conference in Los Angeles at the start of August, and we want to have a lot of things to show off by then. Y'know, I hate Los Angeles. It's big, it's dirty, it's crime-ridden, and the single-minded selfishness of the place creeps me out. At least for conferences I don't have to look at anything more than the hotel and the conference center--and it is a very nice conference center. Oh, and I'm aware there are probably tolerable regions of Los Angeles, but I'm always stuck downtown, and downtown is a nasty place by most measures.

5 comments:

Urikkiru said...

I totally agree. LA is not my favorite city :P

Shana said...

1. Mom is my source for all medical questions.
2. I thought that RSS feeds were meant to inform you of website updates. If not, ask Curt, who often knows that sort of information, or Dad. Let me know if you figure it out, because I would like that service.

Cavan said...

go to

google.com/reader

It's the best/only one I know about.

Curt said...

here is a couple webpage update notification programs

http://www.changenotes.com/addapage.php
http://www.changedetection.com/detect.html

There are lots of programs that send you emails when websites update. I am not expert but I have injured my neck on numerous occasions. It usually takes quite some time for sprains in your neck to heal. It annoys me most driving like you mentioned and sleeping. Sprains can take up to 6 weeks to fully heal.

ak.Dean said...

I try to avoid LA like the plague. Usually Santa Barbara/Riverside is the furthest I'll venture into the belly of the beast before veering off towards San Diego. When I'm heading north, I get to blissfully miss it completely, which usually sends you through Bakersfield, but that's hardly as bad as LA!

Pinched neck? It'll heal on its own (or you can go pay a lot of money for a chiropractor). I remember I pinched a nerve in my leg once when roofing. That was fun, I had sporadic losses of sensation in my entire leg for a few weeks... Just when you want when you're exposed to a 20-30 foot fall on a daily basis. :)