Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The hot smell of thunder

It smells like a thunderstorm outside. It's dark, the sky is navy blue, and there's a hot wind blowing. I'm not sure whether it's really a smell, but there's kind of a feel in the air when thunder is coming, sort of like all the tension has drained out of the air. It feels like everything is covered in a quilt of heavy air, just waiting.

Maybe it will rain.

This is perfect weather to be in a bad mood, which means I'm in luck. I'm in a foul mood. To make things worse, I don't have any obvious reasons for being in a foul mood. I just AM, okay? Work's been pretty good this week, and I just discovered a fun new space opera game. Some kids from the ward are planning on going to the Indiana Jones movie this week and I was invited (readers: if any of you want to go, that might persuade me to go. Let me know). Heck, I even lost weight this week. However, my foul mood defies the necessity of excuses. Growl! Growl!

Also: I want excuses to go camping, bike riding, or [preferably indoor] rock climbing. I don't like doing any of these things by myself. If anyone wants to go with, would you please let me know?

4 comments:

Shana said...

I am planning on watching the old Indiana Jones movies before I see the new one, but I will do all of those outdoor activities with you. Fun fun fun!

Cavan said...

I'll play the space opera game with you.

evieperkins said...

I have turned into a complete weakling, and I haven't been in over a year...but lately my rock climbing equipment has been threatening to sue me for neglect

Aegis Runestone said...

Dude! I totally know that smell/feeling whatever of a Thunder Storm. O_o Funky...

It's just like "It's going to rain and thunder, today, isn't it?"