Monday, May 18, 2009

Revival?

I've run out of news reader stuff to read, I don't feel like playing games, and it's a decent hour to be sleeping. My brain hasn't quite shut down yet, so here I am -- blogging, my Absolute Last Resort Of Boredom.

Cav's trying to get me to learn Esperanto, I've started on it before, and already know a few words and structures, so what the heck -- going through flash cards for a few hours ought to get me up to a vaguely conversational level, and the roots are super easy to remember (I know a Slavic, a Germanic, and a Romance language, and all Esperanto roots are drawn from those three categories, so I recognize most of them). I will try to resist the temptation to blog in Esperanto, however.

I've been invited to speak at some kind of high school teacher's convention in Salt Lake City. I'll be talking about demos and multimedia and stuff. It should be a lot of fun. I really need to work on my presentation, but the deadline's still a month away, so my usual get-things-done panic hasn't properly kicked in yet. I have 100 minutes to fill, how hard can it possibly be? :P

2 comments:

Shana said...

Haha, 100 minutes! That's a lot of time. Sounds awesome, though.

curiousCat said...

Reminds me of an anecdote attributed to an early church leader (BY?).
Person: "How long does it take you to pepare for a 5 minute talk?"
BY: "About 5 hours"
P: "Wow! How long does it take to prepare for a 15 minute talk?"
BY: "About an hour?"
P: "Oh. How long for a 2-hour talk?"
BY: "I can start right now."


Suggestion for your presentation - Lots of glitzy demos.