Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Wherefore bloggest thou?

Wherefore is a very old way of saying "why." Juliet, in the infamous balcony scene, says "Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name; Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, And I'll no longer be a Capulet." -- you see, she's complaining about the fact that Romeo is a member of the wrong family, not wondering on his location. Just explainin' my title, in case anyone actually reads this thing (which, judging from the number of comments, is an unlikely proposition at best).

So I suppose the reason that I'm blogging is that everyone's doing it. I'm something of an instinctual non-conformist, but have been trying to reform and do things the same way as everyone else. It hasn't worked out too well yet, but anything is progress. I'm also vaguely aware that it probably does good things to the chunk of my brain responsible for writing things.

I could stick up more poetry, but I don't hate you that much. I do hate you a great deal, but I'll try to suppress it. Have a lovely, happy, sunshiney day.

No comments: