Thursday, November 17, 2005

Babies with leukemia

We just got a letter on the door announcing that for the first time ever, a baby has been born in Utah with leukemia. Her parents have one of those we-only-pay-60% insurance policies, and apparently treating a baby with leukemia costs half a bazillion dollars (actually $250,000-$500,000, which is pretty much the same thing). So the apartment complex is going to be having a big raffle to try and raise money to help pay the poor little gal's hospital bills. I'm trying to decide if I can afford to donate anything.

Personally, I have one of those plans with a huge deductible and then 100% payout, just in case one of my kids is ever born with leukemia. This is a little silly of me, since I am single and therefore childless, but even so. I'd also like to observe that medical care in this country is stupid expensive.

In other news, I have no news. At least nothing I feel like posting in public. That's pretty much everything. Have a fantastic sort of day thingy, beloved readers (all zero of you).

4 comments:

Cavan said...

I just found your blog, and having personal experience with how great it is to have people comment on your blog, I figured I'd start the ball rolling.
In my polysci class we recently had a debate concerning governmentalized vs. privatized healthcare, and I'm actually all for the latter. Being the expert on economics that I am, I'm pretty sure it would keep prices down.
After all, we can't be paying exhorbitant amounts for health care, can we?

Cavan said...

Update your blog! I would hate to have to KIIIILLLLL you!

Cavan said...

I hate you Adam ha ha ha ha ha

Cavan said...

I want you to rename your blog "Babies with Leukemia"