Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Wii Campout

Today's image is of the Wii campout just outside of Wal-Mart. You're looking at a line of tents filled with people hoping to pick up their own Wii console the next morning. Wal-Mart had twenty or so consoles to give out, so quite a few people hung around. The successful folks waited for about 2-3 days. A friend of mine was in the line so I paid them a visit a couple of times, but I didn't try camping out myself.

Getting a Wii is approximately half the fun of these campouts. The other half of the fun is running into people you know, converting people you don't know into people you know, and switching from "always-on" mode to "sitting around doing nothing" mode, if only for a few days. I think we ought to do that more often.

I caught a cold (or something sort of like a cold) and stayed home from work yesterday. I'm still sort of tired today (I plan on sleeping for a good 9-10 hours, again) but I'm feeling much better. At no point did I wish I was dead, so I think I'm all right.

Foodie-wise, I haven't made any progress on the pizza quest, though I did attempt to make apple crisp yesterday. It didn't go very well, but I think I know what I did wrong, so I will try again some other day. I shall be eating turkey with a massive number of side dishes in a few hours, though, so the various other foodie quests shall have to go on hold for a while. I am not bothered by this.

3 comments:

Ocouss said...

sorry to hear you got sick. Seems like your roommate was just starting to get over that.

Cavan said...

I'm bored! Update your blog!

Shana said...

I also say to you, update your blog! If you and Cav don't keep up on these things, I might be forced to WORK when I'm at work. No one wants that.