Wednesday, May 02, 2007

What to Put in a Blog?

So, I've had a couple ideas for posts float through my head but I haven't really gotten around to any of them. I'm still trying to figure out what to blog about--most of the things I have on my mind seem a little too big for individual posts. I guess much of this is just laziness. I liked the idea of sticking up a picture with each post, but that's a fair amount of work.

Some things I have in mind:

  • Just news about what I'm doing. Frankly, the stuff I write for the family newsletter is about as much as there is.
  • Lengthy philosophical rants about one thing or another. Politics, religion, philosophy, whatever.
  • Technical stuff. Maybe talking about what I do, or interesting recent problems.

Friends of mine just run multiple blogs, one for each topic they want to talk about, and then post to whichever one seems relevant at the time. This would be a good idea, but I don't output enough writing to keep even this one going. Perhaps I'll get better at it again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

More updates would be cool.

Shana said...

Hooray, you're back! Copy and paste what you send me for the newsletter to your blog, if you want. That would keep it updated at least monthly. Then you can add to it as well.

Allaryin said...

I think multiple blogs is an overstatement for what I do ;)

I just put everything in one big pile, and then crosspost a few things into places where the signal to noise is improved for them as are only interested in the one category...