Thursday, May 17, 2007

Goin' to Southern Utah

I'm going to go visit southern Utah. I'll be leaving early tomorrow (Friday) morning, and will be back sometime on Monday. We're going to Zion's national park, and will do some slot canyon hiking. The canyon looks something like this. The hike we'll be doing is down inside that canyon, not the walkway up above -- apparently it's on the easier end of the Zion's "technical" hikes, and you have to check the weather report before going in. I'll try to take some photos (but since it's kind of wet down there, that will involve digging my camera out of the dry bag at the necessary spots).

Speaking of cameras: I have a new camera, which hopefully will not get dropped off a cliff or drowned or something while I'm down there. Hopefully it will also take lots of gorgeous pictures.

5 comments:

Ocouss said...

Which we?

Shana said...

Fun! Are you going with Cav and Tiffany? I love hiking, even though I get tired.

Curt said...

My personal favorite of the slot hikes in the Zion area is called the Subway. I believe it is the left fork of the narrows. Anyways sound like a lot of fun.

Adam said...

Curt: We did the subway. It was a lot of fun.

Curt said...

Next time you go to the subway you should let me know I would love to do it again.