Friday, June 08, 2007

Going camping!

There's a "Fathers & Sons" camp-out being held by the stake down at Utah Lake today. They're starting it out with a bike ride from Provo Canyon. We'll start at the Riverwoods, ride up the canyon to Vivian park, and then drive the breadth of Provo down to the Utah Lake state park. All told, it's probably an 8-10 mile ride.

I've heard grand plans to cook "the breakfast to end all breakfasts" the next morning. Some 10-15 odd years ago at another fathers & sons we took along a cheap frying pan and loads of bacon, onion, steak, potato, and butter. The whole thing was cooked over a campfire, and the result was a rather fascinating concoction of grease-loaded starch and protein. We've been looking for excuses to duplicate the success ever since, but lately the camp-outs have gotten in the habit of providing dinner for you. Since we've been foiled on the dinner front, we came up with amazing plans for breakfast. I guess we'll see how it goes soon enough.

I haven't forgotten about my promise to post some Zion pictures. I've merely procrastinated it repeatedly.

2 comments:

Shana said...

Oh yeah, Curt and I forgot about the campout. I hope it was rockin' awesome.

curiousCat said...

I checked map.google. From Riverwoods to Vivian park is about six miles and Vivian park to the lake is 14. So that was a 20-mile bike ride.