Friday, January 25, 2008

Hospital Trip

I went to visit Grant at the hospital today. His blog has a lot more about the exact reasons for his hospital visit--suffice it to say that he's had major surgery, and the recovery has not gone very smoothly. I ended up staying for three hours, and mostly just shot the breeze about a bunch of things. Auntie Elaine was there too, and enjoyed chiming in when we were commiserating on how impossible dating seems to be around here (seriously, what is so messed up about Utah dating culture? I can't put my finger on it exactly, but there really is something strange about it, and it seems it's not just me. Maybe I'll rant about that another time).

Anyway, Grant's been playing a lot of Civilization IV, which looks incredibly addictive >_<. Now, there are several games that will keep me up late, but the building simulation games are the only kind that will keep me from making it to bed at all. Apparently Grant's had a similar experience. I no longer have Civilization installed on any of my machines, it's just too destructive, but boy has he got me tempted. Resist! Resist!

At any rate, his today was better than his yesterday, and yesterday was the worst day of his life. They're hoping he'll make it out of the hospital tomorrow, but he's going to need some pretty intense nursing at home for a while. He's got a lot of TV shows and movies downloaded, and he's probably going to be doing a lot of reading. If anyone has some brilliant ways for him to pass the time, feel free to contribute.

1 comment:

Shana said...

Call me next time you go to see him!