Monday, February 04, 2008

Back in school! Sort of!

I've signed up for an independent study course at BYU. I've been wanting to learn how to read Japanese properly, and while I've been making some progress in self-study, having a structured way of learning and access to a teacher should be an immense help. My goal is to get some reasonable level of JLPT certification. I still have no idea what on earth I would do with such a thing as a JLPT certificate, but it's a way of keeping myself busy.

The course is Japanese 300. Clarissa is also taking it, although unlike me, she has schedules and grades and things. I will get a grade in the course, but I remain blissfully detached from caring what it is. There was a big section on using the course to meet graduation requirements, and I chuckled my way right over it. It's a lot more fun to take classes without the pressure--now I just have to see if I will do any of the work.

I had Italian food for dinner tonight. It was really good. But I find myself craving a cookie, and I don't have any. Such are the privations of life!

2 comments:

Cavan said...

I wonder if there's ever been a point in my life when I haven't wanted a cookie.

Shana said...

Hooray, I'm glad you found a Japanese class. I'm having a hard time being motivated with my Spanish class, but we'll see how it all turns out.