Wednesday, February 06, 2008

What a day!

I actually locked myself out of my car! I technically knew that this was possible, but it requires quite a few things to go wrong, all in a row. Well, they did. Fortunately, knowing that I'm the kind of person that locks myself out of my car, I left a copy of my car keys at my parents' place, and they ran them down to me. Thanks, parents!

Of course, I was also sufficiently brilliant to leave my company ID inside of my car just before locking myself out, so I had the inestimable privilege of wandering around the freezing parking lot for the 20 minutes it took for the parents to drive my keys down.

Anyway, after all that, I needed some cheering up, so I went and bought fish. Specifically, it was some kind of herb-crusted salmon salad. It was really good, and so I'm back in a pretty good mood. It's a pity that food's ability to put you in a good mood also makes you gain weight. Ah well, I'll try and work a little harder at the gym tomorrow.

4 comments:

bunjamins said...

I have my parents come bail me out too, last time was a few months ago at the Mending Shed at the top of State Street in Orem. The trick is to not visit the parents too much, then there twice as likely to do you favors just for the chance to see your face.

evieperkins said...

I realized today that I keep my extra keys inside my car. That´s probably a bad idea. :)

Shana said...

Wow, you did have a few bad things in a row: first you lock your keys in your car, and then you have to eat fish! My condolences go out to you.

Aegis Runestone said...

O_o Wow, fun Wednesday. Good thing it's the weekend, neh, Adam?

-Andrew-