Friday, March 28, 2008

Odd Signs

I spotted two particularly odd signs today.

The first was a billboard on southbound I-15. It's been up for maybe a few weeks, I'm not sure. The billboard has a picture of a yellow sunflower blossom on a blue background and, in large print, the title "Escape Polygamy." So presumably, if you're a woman (or man?) feeling trapped in your polygamous relationship, and you're fed up with it, and you just happen to be on southbound I-15 with a good memory for phone numbers, you can call the number on the sign.

I suppose there are polygamous relationships around here, although you never hear about them outside of occasional mentions in the news. It's still a rather curious billboard to have on one's morning commute. "Ha!" I yell at it, "It's tricky enough to find just the one!"

The other one was a sign posted in the men's room at work. It was advising, in rather polite terms, that you please refrain from passing kidney stones in this particular receptacle because they clog the drain. If it is strictly necessary to pass kidney stones, perhaps one of the other commodes might be suitable? It further mentioned that this should not be taken as any kind of medical advice, and that maybe, if you have kidney stones, you should consult a doctor.

Just maybe. That one obviously has a story behind it. A curious and strange story, filled with pain and horror and frustrated, mystified plumbers.

P.S. Cavan stinks! Will that cover my shout-out obligations?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I just got passed a random link to this sign. It was put up by pranksters.

Shana said...

The polygamy sign I can understand. The kidney stone sign is funny. Like someone can help it.

Cavan said...

A duel, then.

Curt said...

I can not imagine some one passing a kidney stone large enough to clog a drain. That seems very unlikely.

Anonymous said...

That's the funniest blog I've ever read. I was laughing so hard Steven couldn't fall asleep so he got to hear it too.

DK