Sunday, November 22, 2009

Holiday specials and tacos

There's an hilarious xkcd post about bad movies in general and the Star Wars holiday special in particular. "How," I wondered, "could anything possibly be that bad?" So I asked YouTube.

At first, I stared in disbelief. Then, I started laughing. Then, from the deep recesses of my soul, some tortured voice started calling out: "What are they doing?" it said. "This isn't right!" it said. "Make it stop, please make it stop!" it cried. So I closed the browser window, hoping that some vestige of my sanity remained.

I had watched for very slightly more than 60 seconds.

In other news, I went to Taco Riendo in south Provo (it's one of those cursed restaurant buildings that can't make up its mind -- the genealogy so far is Wingers->Tandoori Grill->Taco Riendo). It was really good -- I'm hopeful that it might hang on. So far I've only had the tacos ($1.59 each--you get a soft corn tortilla, a pile of meat, and free access to the taco fillings bar). It has very little in common with Taco Bell, which is a good thing. I also got a piece of flan, being that I am a sucker for flan, and it was really good. It dwells somewhere between custard and cheesecake.

2 comments:

Shana said...

I'm looking forward to trying the vegetarian options at Taco Riendo. Yum, I love Mexican food.

lisalou said...

Must try that. You can guess whether I'm referring to the food or the Star Wars special.