Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Behold, the wall of anime!

I'm visiting a friend in Arizona right now. This friend is the only person I know who surpasses my youngest sister in Anime-fu. Normally, getting married would tone a fellow down, but it happens that his wife is quite the fan as well ...

To be fair, He's actually a lot more moderate about his anime habits than my sister, but what he lacks in present fanaticism he makes up with raw experience. He's my age, and has been playing the anime game since he was in high school. He was watching anime back when most of it was still being passed around on worn out VHS tapes, with translations scrawled on the back of a dog-eared sheet of paper wrapped around the outside.

Today's photo is his wall of anime. It's actually a pretty slick dining room decoration. The picture shows perhaps half of it. Each of the pictures is from an anime they like, and they've all been carefully cropped and covered in glass.

I suppose my only news is that I arrived in Arizona safely. I had to go via Denver, and there was a lot of turbulence on the way there. I don't usually get motion sick on flights, but I was sort of border-line on that one. I had a burger for lunch in the Denver airport, which I cannot recommend for burgers (I'll go with McDonald's next time), and then went onward to Tucson.

The highlight of the day, other than meeting up with old friends, was that we went and had sushi for dinner. And it was good sushi. Halibut nigirizushi, An eel-and-avocado caterpillar roll, and a rather interesting vegetable roll with pickled bits in the middle made up the bulk of the evening's menu. We've spent much of the evening playing with computer stuff (hopefully the game will get somewhere!), which is also good fun.

7 comments:

Ocouss said...

Sounds like your having a good time then. I guess I can't stay mad at you for leaving me if you are having a good time. You aren't the only one who left me this week. My roommate left me early this morning (she was going home...again). Well have a good trip.

Ocouss said...

You don't comment anymore. That makes me sad.

Cavan said...

Adam, you jerk.

I'm trying to get ahold of your roommate, but his phone isn't working, and neither is his email.

Jerk.

Anonymous said...

Adam~

Shana and I have come to a consensus that you should go and buy a fig and give it to a Mexican beggar in Toronto, unfortunately, fig season is, as every figger knows, between April 22nd and April 22nd and 5 PM, so you'll just have to wait.

Anonymous said...

Like cheese?

Ocouss said...

I feel special. You went back and read some of them that were a little older to comment. Yeah!!!

Adam said...

What in the figgy fig are you talking about, Navac?