Saturday, February 14, 2009

Fuselages!

A customer posted that they intend to use my software to help design fuselages. Actually, it'll probably be pretty good for that, but there's something vaguely terrifying about "if you did it wrong, maybe people will die." In fairness to me, that's not my problem -- a heck of a lot of analysis and adjustment happens long after it has exited our program, but there's still that vague anxiety of "are our surfaces mathematically correct? Do we meet all of our physical properties?"

I bet lots of people worry about stuff like that, and virtually nobody worries about exactly that.

Today was Valentine's day. Not my favorite day of the year. I tried a new Thai restaurant and bought a paper shredder. Tonight, I shall shred things. Nothing melodramatic, unfortunately -- just old bills and so forth.

No comments: