Thursday, October 22, 2009

Toasted Cheese Sandwiches

It's funny. I'm always tired in the mornings, so why am I never tired enough to fall asleep at night? It's one of the great mysteries of the universe.

I'm hanging out with Camren the protégé after sleep and work (I'd say "tomorrow," but that's not strictly...). I'm planning on making toasted cheese sandwiches. I have good bread, but the only cheeses in the fridge are a delicious old world swiss and parmesan. I may have to go and buy some cheddar. I had the swiss with potatoes and veggies yesterday and it was awesome, but kids tend to have uncomplicated palates.

Work has been really interesting lately, but also pretty stressful. I'm working on some genuinely hard problems. I imagine many of my readers can relate -- the actual work can be very hard, very tiring, and very frustrating, but the immense satisfaction you get when it all comes together makes it all worth it. I suppose a lot of good things in life are like that.

One of my current pet projects* is to build some videos that explain what our software does and how it works. One of the big problems with working for a company that develops 3-d modeling plug-ins that provide a new formulation of curved surfaces (with associated modeling tools) within existing CAD/CAM packages is that I don't really have a comprehensible answer to "what do you do for work?"** Hopefully, a video that explains what I do will be a slightly better answer than "here, look at some pretty pictures of jewelry! Also, electric guitars!" which is how I currently explain it.

OK, time to attempt sleep.

* Yargh, I have multiple pet projects.

** That was a joke. Laugh.

4 comments:

Shana said...

You know what I like? Toasted jam sandwiches. Yum.

Cavan said...

Maybe I haven't grown up yet. I can think of few foods that beat out toasted cheese sandwiches.

Damaris said...

You could add Wallace and Gromit to your agenda. "Cheese, Gromit, Cheese!" Good luck on your projects.

Aegis Runestone said...

I love toasted cheese sandwiches.

And I have difficulty falling asleep at night, too, but no trouble sleeping in! Weird! o.o