Saturday, August 09, 2008

I have to go to sleep NOW

I was up late, researching all of the kafeeklatsch participants tomorrow looking for editors for Cavan to talk to (he's already dead to the world here). Anyway, while I was flipping through, I saw Larry Niven as one of the authors who's doing a meet-up tomorrow. I had no idea he was even here, and I'm kind of in awe. I think I've read at least 10 of his books, and he's definitely one of my favorite science fiction authors.

I'm a little worried that I won't get a spot, though -- I'm guessing that Niven has nigh-godlike status here. So I need to get up fairly early if I'm going to be in line on time to actually sign up for him.

Oh, by the way, there are some folks selling chocolate honey on the dealer floor. I tried some, and it's pretty good. The chocolate-orange honey was particularly nice. I'm probably going to get some samplers, but if anybody wants some (it's $3-$10 for outrageously small amounts), send a text message to my phone and I will grab extra.

2 comments:

lisalou said...

I also like Larry Niven, and look forward to your next exciting episode, whether or not you got to meet him. I fear that if I attended a writing convention all my carefully suppressed urges to get published would come out fighting.

Chocolate honey sounds amazing. Did it come from the bees that way, or is this carefully manufactured? If the latter, let's try creating some. Actually, even if the former, let's see what we can do.

Shana said...

You're such a good brother to look up editors for Cavan. I hope both you and he are successful with meeting the people you need/want to meet.

I'm curious about what chocolate honey is too, not that you should buy me any because I don't really like honey even though I like chocolate.